Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Don's Top 10 BCS Standings week of 10-21-12



        Back again with another edition of Don's Top 10. Before I give his top 10 I would just like to thank Don for contributing to my blog and greatly appreciate his work. With that said, lets see who Don's top 10 are.



                          1. Oregon - They scored 43 pts in seemingly one quarter against my previous #13 and then took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half, they probably would have scored over 70 pts.
        2. Alabama - This was the first game in which they showed that they can be beat, i had Tenn. at #17 coming into that game and they hung around until the Tide got some help from the refs in the 3rd quarter and pulled away
3. Kansas St. - They're on a completely diff. level than WVU whom i had at #15 going into that game
4. Clemson - They move up simply because they won, S. Carolina lost and ND struggled
5. Oklahoma - They move up for the reasons above and also because UGA struggled
6. Florida - I had them at #11 coming in and they demolished my #3
7. Mississippi St. - They seem to be one of the more balanced teams in the SEC with a great offense and a pretty good defense, MTSU isn't a bad team either
8. South Carolina - Even though they got smacked, they had 3 uncharacteristic fumbles in the first half which cost them the game. Limit the turnovers and the score is a lot closer
9. Florida St. - Even though they got off to a slow start, they def. outclassed Miami in the 2nd half of a fierce rivalry game
10. Georgia - They struggled with Kentucky but for some reason I'm hung up on UGA. They're like Notre Dame in that they play close games but still end up winning plus Kentucky gets up for big games, just ask South Carolina


                                             So those are Don's latest Top 10 Standings
        I just want to give my 2 cents, but I don't think Don is giving the love and respect Alabama deserves. I personally think that they are the best team in the nation. After all, they are the defending national champions. And as I say, in order to be the champs, you've got to beat the champs, and so far no one has been able to.




     
Link to official BCS Standings http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Source(s) Picture courtesy of http://www.bcsnationalchampionshiptickets.net/




If you like my blogs and want to keep up to date with them, subscribe to my channel on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/namsnoodle?feature=mhee
 Also, like my facebook page devoted to my blog and other sports related news http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nams-Noodle-Sports-Blog-FB-Page/252192688235247

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/VexPith

No comments:

Post a Comment