Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 NFL Predictions

To officially start my new sports blog I decided to begin it with my Predictions for the upcoming NFL season. Nothing to "eye-raising" but nonetheless I give my 2 cents on how teams will fare this season.

AFC East
New England    12-4
NY Jets              8-8
Miami Dolphins   7-9
Buffalo Bills         6-10

New England still will be the best team coming from the AFC East and will once again win their division


AFC North
Balitmore Ravens  13-3
Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals   7-9
Cleveland Browns   5-11

I see Baltimore having the best record in their division with the difference being the games between them and the Pittsburgh Steelers and along the way capturing the best record in the AFC


AFC South
Houston Texans  12-4
Tennessee Titans 10-6
Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12
Indianapolis Colts 4-12

This division seems to be the most predictable as the Texans will most likely win the AFC South and I see  them splitting with the Titans 1-1  and beating the Colts and Jaguars both twice.

AFC West
Denver Broncos 11-5
Kansas City Chiefs 9-7
San Diego Chargers 8-8
Oakland Raiders 5-11

I think this division will be somewhat close but with the recent addition Denver got in Peyton Manning maybe just what the doctor ordered in answering their QB problems.



NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
NY Giants             10-6
Dallas Cowboys      7-9
Washington Redskins 6-10

Quickly I just want to state that my sister will be happy that I predicted her Eagles to win the division (If I didn't where would I go for the holidays?)  All kidding aside, I actually see the Eagles living up to expectations this season and I also see LeSean McCoy surpassing the 1,500 yd. rushing mark this year.

NFC North

Green Bay Packers 13-3
Chicago Bears          9-7
Detroit Lions            9-7
Minnesota Vikings    3-13

Though I dont see the Packers matching their win total from last season (15) they will still have a solid team and I look for the defensive unit to improve.

NFC South

New Orleans Saints 12-4
Atlanta Falcons        11-5
Carolina Panthers      8-8
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-14

Despite the allegations against the Saints, I don't see them and reigning NFL Offensive Player of the Year Drew Brees having any problem this year.

NFC West

San Fransisco 49ers 12-4
Seattle Seahawks       9-7
Arizona Cardinals      6-10
St. Louis Rams          3-13

San Francisco who had arguably the best defense last season, will have a repeat performance of last year and win another division title.

Playoffs

                                                                          Wild Card
 
                                   AFC                                                                              NFC
              New England vs Tennessee                                                  San Francisco vs NY Giants
                 Denver vs Pittsburgh                                                            Philadelphia vs Atlanta



                                                                           Divisional


           Baltimore vs Denver                                                            Green Bay Packers vs Atlanta
           Houston vs New England                                                    New Orleans vs San Francisco


                                                                 Conference Championship             


         Baltimore vs Houston                                                                 Green Bay vs New Orleans



                                                                            Super Bowl  

                                                                      Baltimore vs Green Bay
                                                         
                                                                             Champions

                                                                         Green Bay Packers       


   So there you have it. Those are my 2012 NFL predictions. If you agree, disagree, or think I'm crazy let me know!  But remember, these aren't anything official just predictions. And if any of us did have the actual answers Vegas would go broke!
               
           
If you like my blogs and want to keep up to date with them, subscribe to my channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/namsnoodle?feature=mhee as I always update when I write my latest blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment